Tien Dung Le
TIEN DUNG LE, PhD
(+84) 091-818-9468 / email@example.com
www.twitter.com/ledt01 / www.linkedin.com/in/ledt1
01/2017 – Present: Toll Manufacturing Manager, Monsanto, Vietnam, GM seeds production.
6/2015 – 01/2017: Trait Technical Manager, Monsanto, Vietnam. GM trait hybrids positioning and registration.
1/2015 – 6/2015: Visiting Lecturer, (Subject taught: Protein Biochemistry) University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), Hanoi, Vietnam
5/2013 - 6/2015: Group Leader & Vice Director, National Key Laboratory of Plant Biotechnology, Agricultural Genetics Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam. Plant molecular biology.
4/2010 - 4/2013: FPR Fellow, Gene Discovery Group, Plant Science Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Japan. Early stage gene discovery for genetic engineering of drought-tolerant soybean.
10/2008 - 3/2010: JSPS Fellow, Research Team for Vector-Borne Diseases, National Agricultural Research Center Tsukuba, Japan. Development of RNAi-mediated virus-resistant rice and establishment of nucleic acid- and protein-based assays for rice diseases.
4/2006 - 3/ 2008: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA. Development of high-through put assay for methionine sulfoxide reductase activities; Characterization of a novel methionine sulfoxide reductase.
4/2005 - 3/2006: Postdoctoral Fellow, Microbial Engineering Laboratory, National Food Research Institute (NFRI), Tsukuba, Japan. Activation of secondary metabolites production in Streptomyces via RNA polymerase and Ribosome engineering.
9/2001 – 2/2005: Graduate Research Assistant, Enzymology Lab, School of Life Science, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, South Korea. Structure-function relationship of Acetolactate synthase from Tobacco.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chungbuk National University (South Korea), Feb., 2005
- Master of Science, Plant Physiology, Hanoi University of Science (Vietnam), May, 2001
- Diploma, Food Processing, Central Food Technological Research Institute (India), Jul 2000
- Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry, Hanoi University of Science (Vietnam), Jul. 1996
HONOURS & AWARDS
- RIKEN Foreign Postdoctoral Fellowship, Japan, 2010 - 2013
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2008-2010
- First prizes awarded by MoET of Vietnam and the Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creativity (VIFOTEC) for the best undergraduate research, 1995
- Editor, Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry (ISI indexed, published bi-monthly by Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry), 2015- present
- Grant review committee member, Agro-biological science, National Foundation for Science and Technology Development, 2015 - present
Peer-reviewed publications: ISI Journals: 37 articles; Pubmed indexed: 2 articles; Vietnamese journals: 17 articles
56. Nguyen K.-L, Chu HD, Pham TLT, Tran LSP and Le DT (2018) Functions of an evolutionarily conserved plant methionine-S-sulfoxide reductase without catalytic residue. In preparation
55. Nguyen Phuc Huy, Vu Quoc Luan, Nguyen Ba Nam, Hoang Thanh Tung, Vu Thi Hien, Le DT and Duong Tan Nhut (2018) A nouvo micropropagation method in Paphiopedilum callosum using ex vitro stem nodes. In preparation
54. Hoang TT, Nguyen NB, Nguyen HP, Vu LQ, Vu HT, Truong PTB, Le DT, Nguyen LH and Duong NT (2018) A System for Large Scale Production of Chrysanthemum Using Microponics with the Supplement of Silver Nanoparticles under Light-Emitting Diodes. Scientia Horticulturae. Accepted
53. Chu HD, Buffel M and Le DT (2018) Functional characterization of the soybean galactinol synthase gene under various stress conditions. J Sci Tech of Vietnam, Serie C. Submitted
52. Chu HD, Le LH, Nguyen KV, Le DT, Do CM, Hoang TT and Duong NT (2018) Sâm Ngọc Linh: Cây dược liệu quý mang thương hiệu quốc gia. J Sci Tech of Vietnam, Serie A, Contributed review. Accepted
51. Le DT* and Vu NT (2017) Progress of loop-mediated isothermal amplification technique in molecular diagnosis of plant diseases. Appl Biol Chem, 60(2):169-180 (Invited review)
50. Chu HD, Nguyen TT, Doan DTH, Vu HTT, Nguyen GV, Pham TTL and Le DT (2017) In silico analysis of genes encoding transcription factor Nuclear factor YB in sweet orange (Citrus sinesis). J. Vietnam Agri Sci Tech, 3:22-26.
49. Chu HD, Wyckhuys K and Le DT (2017) In silico identification and characterization of the lectin gene families in cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz). Journal of Biology (VAST), 39(3):320-332.
48. Le DT and Le QN (2017) CRISPR/Cas – An advanced system for crop genetics improvement. J Sci Tech of Vietnam, Serie A, 6:45-47 (invited review in Vietnamese).
47. Chu HD, Nguyen K-L, Pham TTL and Le DT (2016). Identification of the members of methionine-S-sulfoxide reductase family in soybean (Glycine max). J. Vietnam Agri Sci Tech, 9: 27-31.
46. Nguyen LT, Vu NT and Le DT (2016) Purification and characterization of recombinant acetohydroxyacid synthase from Heamophillus influazae. Journal of Biology (VAST), 38(3):367-373
45. Chu HD, LE QN, Nguyen HT, Pham TTL, Le HH and Le DT (2016) Morphological characterization and classification of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) in Vietnam. Journal of Biology (VAST), 38(3):344-351
44. Chu HD, Le QN, Nguyen HQ and Le DT (2016) Genome-wide analysis of genes encoding methionine-rich proteins in Arabidopsis and soybean suggesting their roles in the adaptation of plants to abiotic stress. Int J Genomics, vol. 2016, Article ID 5427062, 8 pages
43. Chu HD, Nguyen K-L, Watanabe Y, Le DT* and Tran PLS* (2016) Expression analyses of soybean genes encoding methionine-R-sulfoxide reductase under various conditions suggest a possible role in the adaptation to stress. Appl Biol Chem, 59:681-687 (Corresponding authors)
42. Le DT*, Chu HD and Le QN (2016) Improving nutritional quality of plant proteins through genetics engineering. Curr Genomics, 17:220-229. Invited review. (*corresponding author)
41. Vu NT, Pardo JM, Avares E, Le HH, Wyckhuys K, Nguyen K-L and Le DT (2016) Establishment of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay for the detection of phytoplasma-associated cassava witches’ broom disease. Appl Biol Chem, 59:151-156
40. Chu HD, Le QN, Nguyen HT, Pham TTL, Le HH, Le DT (2015) Characterization of Cassava varieties (Manihot esculenta Crantz) in Vietnam using morphological descriptors. J. Vietnam Agri Sci Tech, 7:65-70
39. Ha CV, Watanabe Y, Tran UT, Le DT, Tanaka M, Nguyen KH, Seki M, Nguyen DV and Tran L (2015). Comparative analysis of root transcriptomes from two contrasting drought-responsive Williams 82 and DT2008 soybean cultivars under normal and dehydration conditions. Front Plant Sci 6:551
38. Le DT*, Chu HD and Sasaya T (2015) Creation of transgenic rice plants producing small interfering RNA of Rice tungro spherical virus. GM Crops & Food, 6:1, 47-53 (*Corresponding author)
37. Chu HD, Le QN, Pham TTL, Nguyen HQ and Le DT (2015) On the roles of genes encoding methionine-rich proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana in response to abiotic stresses. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc), 37(4): 487-495
36. Chu HD and Le DT (2015) The role of cis-regulatory elements in abiotic-stress responses in plants. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc). 37(3):370-383. (Invited review in Vietnamese)
35. Le QN, Chu HD, Nguyen KV, Le DT (2015) Plant lectins and their potentials in controling phytophagous insects. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc), 37(2):170-183 (invited review in Vietnamese)
34. Chu HD, Le QN, Nguyen HT, Le HH, Le DT (2015) Identification of morphological descriptors for characterization of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) in Vietnam based on KM 94 varieties. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc), 37(1):31-38
33. Vu NT, Chong CK and Le DT (2015) A simple protocol for the production of commercial-grade Taq DNA polymerase and its “hotstart” version at Laboratory scale. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc), 37(1):124-132
32. Ha CV, Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Sulieman S, Tran UT, Mochida K, Nguyen DV Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K and Tran PLS (2013) The ARF transcription factor family in soybean: genome-wide identification and expression analyses during development and water stress. DNA Res 20:511-524
31. Le DT*, Tarrago L, Wantanabe Y, Kaya A, Lee BC, Tran UT, Nishiyama R, Gladyshev VN* and Tran LSP* (2013) Diversity of plant methionine sulfoxide reductases B and evolution of a form specific for free methionine sulfoxide. PLOS ONE 8(6):e65637 (*corresponding author)
30. Ha CV, Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Tran UT, Nguyen DV and Tran PLS (2013) Characterization of the newly developed soybean cultivar DT2008 in relation to the model variety W82 reveals a new genetic resource for comparative and functional genomics for improved drought tolerance. BioMed Res Int 2013, 759657, 8 pages
29. Le DT* and Le HH (2013) Comments on “Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize”. Food Chem Toxicol 53:443-444 (*corresponding author)
28. Nguyen DV, Le HH, Choi JD and Le DT (2013) Redesign the Acetohydroxyacid synthase for the development of herbicide-tolerant transgenic crops. Journal of Agri and Rural Dev, 215:43-47
27. Le DT, Nguyen DV, Pham TL, Le HH and Tran LS (2013) Recent progress in soybean functional genomics under drought condition. Proceeding of National Conference on Biotechnology, Hanoi Sept 27, 2013, 2:747-751
26. Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Tanaka M, Seki M, Ham le H, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K, Tran LS (2012) Differential gene expression in soybean leaf tissues at late developmental stages under drought stress revealed by genome-wide transcriptome analysis. PLOS ONE 7(11):e49522
25. Liang X, Kay A, Zhang X, Le DT, Hua D, Gladyshev VN (2012) Characterization of methionine oxidation and methionine sulfoxide reduction using methionine-rich cysteine-free proteins. BMC Biochemistry 13:21
24. Le DT, Aldrich DL, Valliyodan B, Watanabe Y, Ha CV, et al. (2012) Evaluation of Candidate Reference Genes for Normalization of Quantitative RT-PCR in Soybean Tissues under Various Abiotic Stress Conditions. PLOS ONE 7(9): e46487
23. Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Vankova R, Tanaka M, Seki M, Ham le H, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K, Tran LS (2012) Identification and Expression Analysis of Cytokinin Metabolic Genes in Soybean under Normal and Drought Conditions in Relation to Cytokinin Levels. PLOS ONE 7(8): e42411
22. Nishiyama R, Le DT, Watanabe Y, Tanaka M, Seki M, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K and Tran PLS (2011) Transcriptome analyses of a salt-tolerant cytokinin-deficient mutant reveals differential regulation of salt stress response by cytokinin deficiency. PLOS ONE 7(2): e32124
21. Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Mochida K, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K and Tran PLS (2011) Genome-wide survey and expression analysis of the plant-specific NAC transcription factor family in soybean during development and dehydration stress. DNA Res 18:263-276
20. Lee GC, Jeon ES, Le DT, Kim TS, Yoo JH, Kim HY and Chong CK (2011) Development and Evaluation of a Rapid Diagnostic Test for P. falcifarum, P. vivax, and Mixed-Species Malaria Antigens. Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:989-993
19. Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Fujita Y, Le DT, Kojima M, Werner T, Vankova R, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K, Kakimoto T, Sakakibara H, Schmülling T, Tran LS (2011) Analysis of cytokinin mutants and regulation of cytokinin metabolic genes reveals important regulatory roles of cytokinins in drought, salt and ABA responses, and ABA biosynthesis. Plant Cell 23:2169–2183
18. Le DT, Nishiyama R, Watanabe Y, Mochida K, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K and Tran PLS (2011) Genome-wide expression profiling of soybean two-component system genes in soybean root and shoot tissues under dehydration stress. DNA Res 18:17-29
17. Le DT, Uehara-Ichiki T, Shimizu T, Nezu O, Choi I-R, Omura T, Sasaya T (2010) Molecular detection of nine rice viruses by a reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay. J Virol Meth 170:90-93
16. Lee GC, Jeon ES, Kim WS, Le DT, Yoo JH and Chong CK (2010) Evaluation of a rapid diagnostic test, NanoSign(R) Influenza A/B Antigen, for detection of the 2009 pandemic influenza A/H1N1 viruses. Virology J 7:244
15. Le DT, Choi J-D, Tran LS (2010) Amino acids conferring herbicide resistance in tobacco acetohydroxyacid synthase. GM Crops 1(2):62-67 (Invited Review)
14. Tran ST, Le DT, Kim Y-C, Shin M and Choi J-D (2009) Cloning and characterization of Phosphomanose Isomerase from Sphingomonas chungbukensis DJ77. BMB Reports 42 (8):523-528
13. Tran ST, Le DT, Kim Y-C, Shin M and Choi J-D (2009) Cloning and characterization of Phosphoglucose Isomerase from Sphingomonas chungbukensis DJ77. BMB Reports 42 (3):172-177
12. Le DT, Lee BC, Marino SM, Zhang Y, Fomenko DE, KayaA , Hacioglu E, Kwak G-H, Koc A, Kim H-Y, and Gladyshev VN (2009) Functional analysis of free methionine-R-sulfoxide reductase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem 284 (7): 4354-4364
11. Lee BC, Le DT and Gladyshev VN (2008) Mammals reduce methionine-S-sulfoxide with MsrA, are unable to reduce methionine-R- sulfoxide, and this function can be restored with a yeast reductase. J Biol Chem 283 (42): 28361-28369
10. Le DT, Liang X, Fomenko DE, Raza AS, Chong C-K, Carlson BA, Hatfield DL and Gladyshev VN (2008) Analysis of methionine/selenomethionine oxidation and methionine sulfoxide reductase function using methionine-rich proteins and antibodies against their oxidized forms. Biochemistry 47 (25):6685-6694
9. Kalme S, Pham CN, Gedi V, Le DT, Choi JD, Kim S-K and Yoon M-Y (2008) Inhibitors of Bacillus anthracis acetohydroxyacid synthase. Enzyme Microbial Tech 43 (3):270-275.
8. Le DT, Lee HS, Chung YJ, Yoon M-Y, Choi J-D (2007) Virtual Screening of Tubercular Acetohydroxyacid Synthase Inhibitors by Analysis of Its Structural Models. Bull Korean Chem Soc 28 (6):947-952
7. Le DT, Yoon M-Y, Kim YT and Choi JD (2005) Roles of three well-conserved arginine residues in mediating catalytic activity of Tobacco Acetohydroxy acid Synthase. J Biochemistry (Tokyo) 138 (1):35-40
6. Le DT and Choi J-D (2005) FAD-independent and herbicide-resistant mutants of tobacco acetohydroxy acid synthase. Bull Korean Chem Soc 26 (6):916-920
5. Le DT, Yoon M-Y, Kim YT and Choi JD (2005) Two consecutive aspartic acid residues conferring herbicide resistance in tobacco acetohydroxy acid synthase. BBA-Proteins and Proteomics 1749:103-112
4. Jung SM, Le DT, Yoon SS, Yoon M-Y, Kim YT and Choi JD (2004) Amino Acid Residues Conferring Herbicide-Resistance in Tobacco Acetohydroxyacid Synthase. Biochem J 383 (1):53-61
2004 and earlier
3. Le DT, Yoon M-Y, Kim YT and Choi JD (2004) Homology modeling and examination of the active site of tobacco acetohydroxy acid synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317(3):930-938. (With front cover image)
2. Le DT, Yoon M-Y, Kim YT and Choi JD (2003) Roles of conserved methionine residues in tobacco acetolactate synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306 (4):1075-1082
1. Le DT, Nguyen VK and Vu VV (2001) Initial studies of the preservation of Lactuca sativa and Brassica juncea L. obtained by hydroponics. Journal of Biology (VAST) (Tap chi Sinh hoc) 23(2):60-63.