Van Thang Nguyen
Name: Van Thang Nguyen
Date of Birth: September 01st 1962
- Doctor of Philosophy in Meteorology, Moscow National University, Moscow, Russia, 1989.
- Eng., Moscow National University, Moscow, Russia, 1986.
- Associate Professor of Vietnam, 2011.
LANGUAGES/DEGREE OF PROFICIENCY
- Vietnamese: mother tongue
- English: good
- French: fair
- Russian: excellent
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
- Member of Viet Nam Mechanics Association
- Viet Nam Focal Point for Regional Climate Prediction on ASMC
- Member of RA II Working Group on Climate Related Matters (XII-RA II, 2000 – 2005 and XIII-RA II, 2005 – 2010).
- CLIPS National Focal Point, November 2006.
- Viet Nam Representative at the Commission for Climatology (CCL) of WMO, Feb. 2008 and Nov. 2010.
- Member, Viet Nam Panel on Climate Change, 2014.
- Editor-in-chief, Journal of Climate Change Science, Jan. 2017.
COUNTRIES OF WORK: Viet Nam
Director General, Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate change, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ha Noi, Viet Nam..
Description of duties:
Responsible for research studies on meteorology and climatology; Training and International cooperation.
Nguyen Van Thang has almost 30 years’ experience in meteorology, climatology and disaster management, institutional capacity building, policy analysis, planning, management, monitoring, evaluation and development of climate change response and drought projects in Vietnam.