The Vietnam Military-run Telecom Group (Viettel) was the only Vietnamese enterprise to be honoured at the 2017 IT World Awards held in San Francisco, the US on June 27 2017. This is the second time Viettel has been honoured with the prestigious award with the two-fold number of products as compared to that of 2016.
The six products of Viettel selected by the organising board belong to the areas that need special and unique solutions to address social issues. They are:
1) Healthcare Ecosystem product won the gold prize for the Best IT Products and Services for Healthcare;
2) Viettel Online Charging System vOCS 3.0 won the silver prize for the Most Innovative IT Service;
3) Customer Insight won the silver prize for the Best Innovations in IT;
4) Mocha application won the gold prize for the Best Mobile App Development Solutions;
5) National vaccination information management system won the silver prize for the Best IT Products and Services for Healthcare;
6) Network security solutions (including Viettel Mobile Security and TAD) won the copper prize for the Best Innovations in IT.
Viettel products are highly appreciated by Silicon Valley’s experts for the creativity and practicality in solving social issues such as health, OTT, big data, and network security, bringing the significant changes, great impacts on users of the products.
Rake Narang, Editor-in-chief of Network Product Guide, said, "With the number of 6 products honoured in 2017, especially in the categories of creativity, healthcare, and mobile, Viettel - a Vietnamese company, has confirmed its fame on the ICT map of the world. With the increasing number of households using computers and broadband internet, the ICT sector, as well as the Vietnam's ranking, will continue to grow”.
The IT World Awards, annually organised by the US-based Network Product Guide since 2006, aims to honour outstanding achievements in the ICT sector. The award has attracted the attention of such internationally well-known names as Samsung, Ultimate Software Dell, Cisco...